Yeah, tell yourself that
“But we’re the 5th/6th biggest economy!”
“But you should be lucky to live here, it’s really not that bad!”
“But we’re a First-World Western Democwacy!”
Then tell that to the victims of the chronic genocide of the disabled and vulnerable
Then tell that to the victims of the exponentially-growing healthcare waiting lists
Then tell that to the people who can’t even afford or find somewhere to rent
Forget that for all of the wealth, it is locked up amongst the rich and their assets
Forget that none of what is promised on paper is actually available or serviceable
Forget that we are rapidly descending into fascism much faster than most people realise
Those who can, are surviving off ‘bank of mum and dad’
The poorest are simply dying
And it’s all going to come crashing fucking down.
If you have children, you cannot afford not to be politically active.
They are laughing at us whilst we readily fight amongst ourselves over the latest outrage-baiting, wasting our energies not focusing them where we need to.
Where to focus energy:
- Join a political party and sign up to their national and local newsletters
- Engage in local party activities
- Discuss things with people
- Buy political posters or badges etc.
- UK: Electoral Reform Society
- UK: Politics For The Many
- UK: Good Law Project
- UK: Trades Union Congress
- UK: The People’s Assembly
- Looking after yourself and people around you!
Democracy has to be actively maintained in order to survive.