In my dream I did 50 pressups,
I still don’t remember why,
But I also stole a ferry,
And sank it after it got hit by torpedoes;
Land was in sight,
As we were crossing the Channel,
But then I noticed a lot of ships around us,
And most of them were upending and sinking!
We tried to keep going,
Hoping they wouldn’t notice…
But sure enough, we were hit,
And had to abandon ship!
Then we began the long swim to shore,
(This part was very lucid and conscious),
I had to deal with the moral quandary in which I found myself—
What can I really do for the not-so-strong swimmers, so far from shore?
Could I even make it?
Of course, I was the first to reach it 😁,
And I immediately headed back out,
To help those who would otherwise almost make it;
Then I went around looking for my friend,
Who had been second-in-command,
He was nowhere to be seen,
And that was the end!
It was good to have a nice dream again for once! 😄
Yes, I’m aware of the obvious potential interpretations,
But I don’t believe in such mystic nonsensry.
For the record, these would be:
- Stealing ships generally gets you into trouble.
- Although on the face of it your action seemed reckless, you probably saved a bunch of comrades from the French invasion.
- Don’t be afraid to/You need to help yourself before helping others 🤮.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Always be ready for a long swim to shore 😉.
- Although it may at first seem a hopeless task, you’ll get there in the end.
- We may lose friends along the way, but make new ones who are better swimmers anyway 😆.
- *cough* natural selection *cough* 🙄.
- You have hero syndrome.
Weirdly, number 7 has been true!